6.13.2012

Although my wedding is over, this blog ain't over!

How does it feel to be married?

The same.

Why is it the same?

My husband (it's so strange calling my spouse that) and I lived together when we were engaged. It felt like we had a huge party and then it was all over. I am quite sad actually. I think I may have post bridal blues!

I think marriage would be different if you didn't live with your spouse prior to. You don't know if you can live with them or not. You don't know if your spouse has bad habits that may irritate you. You don't know if you can live independently. You don't know if you can share your personal space.

When I moved in with my spouse, we were engaged. I was a neat, organized, clean freak. My spouse wasn't. Every little mess irritated me. For example, if there was a used empty cup sitting on the coffee table or dirty dishes sitting in the sink I would go nuts. They had to be cleaned ASAP! When my spouse did the laundry and put away my clothes in the closet I would get upset because they were not organized in the right place. I liked to organize my closet by style such as t-shirts with t-shirts, jackets with jackets, dresses with dresses, and etc. I may have been a little OCD (obessive compulsive disorder) however, I have learnt to compromise. I am not going to describe all of my pet peeves or else hubby might ask my to take this post down. LOL. Anyways, I have learnt to share my space and not get so uptight when things get messy.

I have met couples who moved in with each other after they were married. I must say most of their stories aren't pretty. And then there are those who do end up splitting. But there are also those who end up living happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment