12.11.2012

Last Minute Bridal Shower Planning (Under 17hrs)

I had less than 17 hours to plan a Bridal Shower for my soon to be sister-in-law by myself.

So What Happened?
The bridal party had a very hectic lifestyle so they all didn't have time to plan the bride's bridal shower or stagette so I stepped in.

On Friday December 14th the Bride & Groom had a Jack & Jill Stag/Stagette together. To me, I felt that the bride needed to have her own party. Every bride needs to have a bridal shower to make her feel special before her wedding day (December 22, 2012). The next day (Saturday Dec 15th) I asked my brother in law to give me the bridal parties contact numbers so he gave me their emails. Since I knew that everyone was busy I asked him when the next bridal party meeting was. It was on Monday! I had less than 17 hours to plan this Bridal Shower. I wanted it to be a surpirse so my brother in law gave me the keys to his apartment where the meeting was being held that Monday night.

On Sunday night (Dec 16), I gathered information on the brides favorite things and made a list of things to cook, buy, deocorate & games to play. The bride's favorite colors were yellow and light green so I wanted to stick with that color theme. I also spent the night making decorations & Bridal Shower games to play.

My Messy List


I made a banner from Vancitybrides tutorial http://vancitybride.com/blog/decor/diy-banner.html

 
 
 
I spent Monday morning driving around town for groceries, cake & decorations.
The helium filled balloons, Bride to be sash & crown, light yellow paper plates & cups were all from Party Bazaar (Vancouver).
 
Then I spent the afternoon cooking & preparing for the bridal shower!

 
to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment